Saturday, September 26, 2009

stick fighting and Shabbat

"I've got that Shabbat feeling down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart. I've got that Shabbat feeling down in my heart, down in my heart today..."
She repeats with down in my knees, toes, up on my head, up in my hair, on my arms......
Heads over to her toys.
"I've got that shabbat feeling stuck in my wheels (doll stroller), stuck on my handles (doll stroller), on my table, all over the big table, on my pillows, on my boob (pointing to mom), on my baby, on my dad" She repeated the entire verse for every item she could see. This went on for at least 15 minutes. Glad to see the Shabbat feeling was so pervasive this week.

On a walk with her dad this evening, she found a couple of sticks. One was quite large and she was told not to play with it, so she wouldn't poke herself, dad or the baby. "OK Dad, you carry that one then". They are walking along, each with their stick, when she announces, "Hey Dad, let's stick fight". Dad says, "How do you know about stick fighting?" Little bean says, "Mom watches it on TV". He decides to let that go, and ask me about it later. He continues,"Honey, I can't stick fight with you right now (or ever), because I'm holding the baby". "That's OK Dad, you just need one hand".

PS-I don't watch "stick fighting" on TV. I try not to watch TV in front of the little bean in general, since she picks up enough weirdness from everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment